The goal of our Christian education ministry to children is to diligently instruct and model for those under our care how to love the Lord their God with their entire being; heart, soul, mind and strength.
We want God’s precepts to be woven into the very fabric of their character and to be exhibited under all life’s circumstances. The biblical model for this ministry is based on Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
The focus of this aspect of our Christian education ministry is two important resources: solid curriculum and gifted, passionate teachers. We have selected the “Show Me Jesus” curriculum produced by Great Commission Publications for the Toddlers through Junior High age groups, because of its biblical accuracy and doctrinal integrity. The curriculum is designed for a two or three year cycle, depending upon the age group, with a particular “God-ward” orientation:
- God speaks to us through His Word
- God shows Himself to us through creation and redemption
- God saves us through His son, Jesus Christ, who is the true focal point of Scripture, reflected on every page
- God makes us His own through the covenant of grace and
- God places us in communities (the family & the church) in order to build the body of Christ and equip us to fulfill His Great Commission
Our Sunday school teachers are collectively committed to fulfill their high calling of “training up” the children under our care by instructing and nurturing them in the pursuit of godly wisdom and the avoidance of folly, the only options for life presented in Scripture (see Proverbs 1:7; 22:6). The children’s classes are held for the following age groups on Sunday mornings, from 9:30 to 10:30am, on the first floor and lower level of the Education Building:
- Toddlers (2 & 3 year olds)
- Pre-K/Kindergarten (4 & 5 year olds)
- 1st & 2nd grades
- 3rd & 4th grades
- 5th & 6th grades
- Refinery (7th-12th grades)
Nursery care is provided for pre-toddlers.